These gorgeous little bites are perfect as party nibbles or canapes, especially during the festive season. Having said that, they are very light and with their Italian style flavours they would also be delicious served at a summer bbq party.
You will need a mini muffin pan which are widely available. Mine has 24 spaces for mini muffins but I only filled about 16 of them with this frittata recipe.
200g light soft cream cheese with garlic & herbs
50g parmesan cheese, grated
2tbsp plain flour
1 small red onion, finely chopped
50g chopped frozen spinach
5 sun dried tomatoes from a jar or packet, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1tsp paprika powder
chilli powder or flakes to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and lightly grease your muffin pan.
2. Gently fry the red onion in some olive oil until they begin to soften. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix the eggs with the soft cheese and flour and whisk until you have a smooth mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season well.
4. Divide the mixture between the mini muffin holes and bake for about 10 -13 minutes or until the frittatas have set and are beginning to look golden brown around the edges.
5. Serve warm from the oven or cold the next day. I have tried both options and they are delish either way!